Set up Avalara products to make your business tax compliant. Gather information about your business, set up AvaTax Update to work with your accounting software, and learn how Avalara's integration software works.
- If you have questions about your accounting software or wish to purchase Shopify Plus, contact your Shopify Plus Account Manager for more information
- If you have questions about how to set up or use AvaTax Update for Shopify Plus, contact Avalara Support
How integrations work
AvaTax Update integrations connect AvaTax Update to your accounting software, such as an ERP, CRM, e commerce, or mobile payment application.
Gather information about your business
AvaTax Update needs details about your business in order to calculate tax correctly. Much of this information should match what's in your accounting software, which should already be up and running. Keep this information handy in order to answer questions and make decisions during installation and configuration.
- AvaTax Update account login and password. Avalara credentials arrive in email. Check your junk email folder if you haven't received them within two days of purchase. If the email doesn't arrive, contact Avalara Support for help.
- Administrative credentials and login information for your accounting software
- A list of the states and jurisdictions in which you're registered to collect and remit sales and use tax
- Complete company information, including:
- Legal company name
- Addresses for each of your business locations
- Primary contact information
- A list of your exempt customers
- Copies of valid compliance documents
- A list of goods and services you sell
Connect your accounting software
|2. Exempt customers from sales tax|
|3. Manage taxability of products and services|