This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Learn how to troubleshoot DLL errors. An OLE error message indicates the .DLL has not been properly registered on the machine in question.
To resolve an OLE error
- Make sure you are a local administrator on the machine. Without proper permission, the .DLL cannot be registered.
- Create a batch file with the following text and name it Register.bat: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe avalara.avatax.adapter.dll /unregister
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe avalara.avatax.adapter.dll /tlb /codebase
- Insert the text into the new file and place it in the Bin folder of your Avalara directory on the local drive.
- The default location for this folder is c:\program files\avalara\avatax connect adapter\
- Once the file is created, run the file and test the connection again.
If this still has not resolved the issue, and you are in 64 bit Windows, try the following:
- Navigate to the folder where the avalara.avatax.adapter.dll is located.
- Use the text in the embedded batch file below to create a batch file (register.bat) to register the .dll.
- Once the batch file is complete, in 64-bit Windows, navigate to the Start Menu > All Programs> Accessories > folder.
- Right-click the Command prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- From the command prompt, navigate using DOS commands to the folder where the .dll is located.
- Once there, type the name of the batch file you created and press ENTER to run it. We recommend naming the batch file "register" for simplicity, but it is not required.
- If you cannot successfully test your connection, try running your ERP executable as administrator.