When you reconcile documents, you compare the total documents, the total document amount, and the total tax amount in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and in AvaTax Update. For help troubleshooting reconciliation issues, see Troubleshoot Reconciliation Discrepancies.
To Microsoft Dynamics NAV transactions against AvaTax Update data, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Dynamics NAV, go to Departments > AvaTax > Utilities.
- In the right pane, under Administration, click Reconciliation.
- In the Reconciliation window, next to Start Date and End Date, type start and end dates in MM/DD/YY format for the period you're reconciling, and then click Reconcile. The reconciliation utility reconciles the documents and, under Reconciliation Results, displays the documents with the appropriate status:
- Tax Amount Mismatch means that the document is in both AvaTax Update and Microsoft Dynamics NAV but the tax amounts do not match.
- Amount Mismatch means that the document is in both AvaTax Update and Microsoft Dynamics NAV but the amounts do not match.
- Missing in NAV means that the document is in AvaTax Update but not in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, which happens if you import transactions to AvaTax Update that are not in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. To reconcile these documents , create documents in Microsoft Dynamics NAV that match the ones in AvaTax Update.
- Missing in AvaTax Update means that the document is in Microsoft Dynamics NAV but not in AvaTax Update. This happens if you post documents in Microsoft Dynamics NAV on a computer that doesn't have AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics NAV installed. To reconcile these documents, post them to AvaTax Update on a computer that has AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics NAV installed.
- Reconciled means that the document is in both Microsoft Dynamics NAV and AvaTax Update. You don't need to do anything.
- To see the amount and tax totals for documents with a specific status, under Reconciliation Results, click the document number total next to that document status type.
- To see the details of a specific document, click its document number.