After you activate AvaTax Update and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
During the install process, you must:
- Repeat the installation process on every workstation, laptop, or server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX client application installed; on every server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server installed; and on every workstation or server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX batch processing application installed
- Install to Terminal Service Servers (including Citrix) when the server is in Install Mode
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics AX client on Microsoft Dynamics AX batch servers
Download AvaTax Update for your accounting software
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax Update, download your integration software.
- In AvaTax Update, go to Settings > Manage Account. Avalara Account opens in a new tab.
- In Avalara Account, go to Connectors.
- Click the arrow next to the name of your software to download the connector you need.
- In your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
We recommend you contact Avalara Professional Services before you install and configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software for help with implementation.
Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX with the Configuration window and AvaTax menu.
Change your configuration and settings
The Configuration window displays after completing the setup wizard.
To edit your account value, end user license key, or URL:
- Click Edit Settings. Use the information provided in an email from Avalara (sent to the email account you used to activate your account). It must match what's saved in AvaTax Update.
To test your account’s connection to AvaTax Update:
- Click Verify Credentials.
Configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software
Go to Administration > Avatax section > Setup, and then click Configuration Setting. Use the following to guide you in making selections appropriate to your business:
|Overview||This tab lists your shipping codes and their descriptions. Edit them in the General tab.|