Use the Asynchronous Posting utility to post transactions to AvaTax Update that are already posted to Microsoft Dynamics NAV and not posted to AvaTax Update.
AvaTax Update lets you post transactions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV based on the status of the Enable Asynchronous AvaTax Posting option in the AvaTax Update configuration Tax Calculation tab.
- If this option is disabled, the transactions are posted synchronously, i.e. during the posting operation, AvaTax Update calculates sales tax, and then posts the transaction to both Microsoft Dynamics NAV and AvaTax Update. After posting, the Doc Status of this transaction is shown as Committed in AvaTax Update.
- If this option is enabled, the transactions are not posted during the posting operation. AvaTax Update calculates sales tax and then posts the transaction to Microsoft Dynamics NAV only. The Doc Status of this transaction is shown as Uncommitted in AvaTax Update. To post the transaction in AvaTax Update, use the Asynchronous Posting utility. After you run this utility, the Doc Status of this transaction is shown as Committed in AvaTax Update.
Asynchronous Posting utility
To use the Asynchronous Posting utility, ensure that the Enable Asynchronous AvaTax Posting option in the AvaTax Update configuration > Tax Calculation tab is enabled and then follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Dynamics NAV, go to AvaTax Update > Utilities > Asynchronous Posting.
- In the AvaTax Asynchronous Posting window:
- To filter the transactions that you want to post to AvaTax Update, you can apply the Date Filter and/or the Document Filter, and then click Apply Filter.
- To post the listed transactions to AvaTax Update, click Post AvaTax. The message 'Would you like to commit the selected transactions?' is displayed. Click Yes.
- Click OK.