After you activate AvaTax Update and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
During the install process, you must:
- Repeat the installation process on every workstation, laptop, or server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX client application installed; on every server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server installed; and on every workstation or server that has the Microsoft Dynamics AX batch processing application installed
- Install to Terminal Service Servers (including Citrix) when the server is in Install Mode
- Install the Microsoft Dynamics AX client on Microsoft Dynamics AX batch servers
Download AvaTax Update for your accounting software
Download your integration software to connect your accounting software to AvaTax Update.
- In Avalara Account, go to Settings > Manage account, and then click Get your connector.
- Click the link of the connector you want to install, and then save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the contents.
We recommend you contact Avalara Professional Services before you install and configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software for help with implementation.
To install AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics AX yourself:
- Run AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics AX.exe.
- On the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard screen, click Next.
- Enter the User Name and Organization, select whether you want to install AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics AX for all users or for the current user, and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- After AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics AX is installed, click Finish.
- Open Microsoft Dynamics AX, and then go to Administration > Administration Area > Avatax > Setup > Install Wizard.
To setup AvaTax Update:
- On the Welcome to the Installation Wizard for AvaTax screen, click Next.
- Enter the Account Value, License Key, and URL, and then click Verify Credentials.
- If you get a success message, click OK.
- If you don't get a success message:
- Double-check the credentials you entered.
- Make sure Microsoft Dynamics AX application is configured to connect to the internet.
- Click Next.
- To use AvaTax Update to calculate taxes, from Sales tax group, select AVATAX, and then click Next.
- Select the countries for which addresses should be validated (AvaTax Update supports validation for the United States and Canada), and then click Next.
- Select both checkboxes to enable tax calculation and address validation, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX with the Configuration window and AvaTax menu.
Change your configuration and settings
The Configuration window displays after completing the setup wizard.
To edit your account value, end user license key, or URL:
- Click Edit Settings. Use the information provided in an email from Avalara (sent to the email account you used to activate your account). It must match what's saved in AvaTax Update.
To test your account’s connection to AvaTax Update:
- Click Verify Credentials.
Configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software
Go to Administration > Administration Area > Avatax > Setup > Configuration Setting. Use the following to guide you in making selections appropriate to your business:
|Overview||This tab lists your shipping codes and their descriptions. Edit them in the General tab.|