Customize shipping methods in AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics GP to set the ship-to or bill-to address for tax calculation.
Set up shipping methods
To set up shipping methods for customers in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP on the Cards menu, click Sales, and then click Customer.
- Next to Customer ID, click the Search icon.
- In the Customer Maintenance dialog box, at the upper left, next to Customer ID, click any Customer's ID to see the customer's details.
Click Shipping Method, and then do either of the following:
- Click Delivery and then click Save to use the ship-to address as the address where AvaTax Update calculates sales taxes. This is the best setting for most of your customer records.
- Click Pickup and then click Save to use your site address as the address where AvaTax Update calculates sales tax, which is the best method to use if the customer will travel to your site to pick up taxable items.