After you activate AvaTax Update and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax Update for your accounting software. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax Update, download your integration software.
- In Avalara Account, go to Connectors.
- Click the arrow next to the name of your software to download the connector you need.
- In your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
To install AvaTax Update for CS-Cart:
- Using FTP, upload all files and folders from the AvaTax Update for CS-Cart zip file to the root folder of your CS-Cart store.
- Complete the code changes detailed in the code change document available in the downloaded AvaTax Update for CS-Cart zip file.
- In the CS-Cart Administration section, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- To the right of Avalara AvaTax, click Install.
- On the CS-Cart toolbar, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons pane, to the right of Avalara AvaTax, click the Settings icon.
- On the Accounts Settings page, fill in the following:
- Account ID
- License Key
Use the credentials provided by Avalara Service URL Make a selection based on your account type
- Next to Make a test call to the AvaTax Update, click Test connection. On successful verification, a list of associated company names populates in the Company Name field.
- Fill in the remaining required fields, including:
Field Action Company Name Select the correct name. The associated code displays in Company Code. Save Transaction to AvaTax Select Yes. Enable AvaTax address validation Select Yes. Enable AvaTax tax calculation Optional: Select Yes to enable tax calculation. Send UPC code to AvaTax Optional: Select Yes to send the UPC to AvaTax Update instead of the product code. Enable Log Optional: Select Yes to start generating Avalara logs in the ..\app\addons\avatax_tax_calculation\ava-logs folder.
Ava-Connect-Log-dd-mm-yyyy.txt (eg. Ava-Connect-Log-27-08-2015.txt) is the integration response log.