This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Use these settings, which apply to all companies in your account, to specifyexemption certificate handling, and in AvaTax Update.
Edit advanced account settings
Go to Settings > Manage Advanced Account Settings to view and edit these settings.
- Address Standardization
- Turn on to display in uppercase
- Turn off to display validated addresses in mixed case
- Exemption Certificate Handling - For both US and Canadian certificates, tell AvaTax Update to:
- Require an exemption certificate record and ignore invoice information - Exempt an invoice only if an exemption record exists for the customer. Ignore the entity/use code or exemption number on the invoice
- If there's a certificate record, use the certificate instead of invoice information - Exempt an invoice if an exemption record exists for the customer. If there's not an exemption record, exempt the invoice if it has an entity/use code or exemption number
- Always exempt by invoice information, ignore certificate records - Exempt an invoice only if it has an entity/use code or exemption number. Ignore exemption records
- Jurisdiction Overrides - A jurisdiction override changes how AvaTax Update tax jurisdictions for processing transactions.