This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Use these settings, which apply to all companies in your account, to specifyand in AvaTax Update.
Edit advanced account settings
Go to Settings > Manage Advanced Account Settings to view and edit these settings.
- Address Standardization
- Turn on to display in uppercase
- Turn off to display validated addresses in mixed case
- Require and Validate Exemption Certificates - For both US and Canadian certificates, tell AvaTax Update to:
- Do not Require or Validate - Ignore exemptions and calculate tax
- Validate if Found - Exempt a transaction if the transaction has an entity/use code or exemption number when an exemption certificate isn't in the system
- Require and Validate - Exempt a transaction only if an exemption certificate is in the system
- Jurisdiction Overrides - A jurisdiction override changes how AvaTax Update tax jurisdictions for processing transactions.