Admin Console alerts keep you informed about important events in your AvaTax account. Alerts are updated daily and remain available for 60 days.
New alerts display information for:
- Exemption certificate entries that expire in 30 days,
- Recent changes to the jurisdictions of a ,
- Recent with a document date prior to the first day of the current month
What is an alert?
An alert is a notification of an important event that affects your AvaTax account. Alerts can be generated in three ways:
- A new jurisdiction is added to region jurisdictions.
- Exemption certificate entries that recently expired or are soon to expire.
- with a date prior to the first day of the current month
- Specific actions completed by users in the Admin Console
- Changes made to specific component of the Admin Console
- Transactions as they are processed
Alerts are updated daily and remain available for 60 days.
Each alert type appears on the Home tab along with the number of new alerts.
Tax summary chart
The tax summary chart displays total sales and total tax amounts for an AvaTax account based on settings for each Admin Console user. The tax summary chart is a graphical representation of the Standard Sales Tax Reports/Tax Returns Reports/Sales and Sellers Use Tax Summary Report.
The Full Report and Settings links in the lower right display the report used for the chart and the settings used for the chart.
Exemption exposure table
The Exemption Exposure table displays thefor all companies of an AvaTax account, including warnings based on the age of the exemption exposure. When the Enable Exemption Certificate Management System (ECMS) box is checked, the exemption exposure table displays on the home tab of the Admin Console. The Exemption Exposure table is a graphical representation of the Standard Sales Tax Reports/Reconcile Reports/ECMS Exemption Exposure Aging Report.
The Full Report hyperlink displays the report used for the table.