On this page, learn how to:
- Manage your license key
- Find your Account ID
- Change your password
- Review the terms and conditions
- Manage your address validation option
On other pages, learn how to manage your AvaTax users and enable jurisdiction overrides.
View current license key
A license key connects your accounting software to AvaTax or AvaTax Update. It's unique to your account—if you have production and sandbox accounts, each has its own license key.
Your original license key is emailed to you when you accept the terms and conditions as part of setting up AvaTax.
Search for your current license key in:
- Your email if you're the account administrator who set up AvaTax. Find the latest reset email or the Get Started email if the license key has never been reset.
- Your accounting software. Some display the license key in AvaTax configuration.
For security reasons, Avalara doesn't keep a copy of your license key and can't tell you what it is. If you can't find your license key, generate a new one in Avalara Account.
Generate a new license key
If you haven't set up AvaTax, follow that process to generate a license key.
You must be an AvaTax account admin to generate a new license key. Be sure to keep a record of this license key. It's also emailed to you. If you don't see your license key reset email, check your Junk email folder.
To generate a new license key, select My Account on the AvaTax home page. Then, in Avalara Account:
- Go to Integrations > Software keys.
- Click Generate license key.
- Click Yes, generate a new license key.
- The new license key appears. Before closing the page, click Download license key or Print this, or copy and paste the key somewhere you won’t lose it. For security reasons, Avalara doesn’t store license keys.
View account ID
View your current account ID in the upper-right corner of the Admin Console or on the Reset License Key screen under the Settings tab.
Change your password
You can change your password from the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Manage My Information.
- On the My Information screen, type a new password.
- There is a Password Strength Indicator under the New Password. Choose a strong password that is not commonly used and is unique to you. The password strength is Very Strong if you satisfy the following criteria:
Password must be at least 8 characters and include 3 of the following:
an uppercase letter
a lowercase letter
- Type the new password again in Confirm New Password.
- Click Save.
Avalara terms and conditions
The Avalara terms and conditions lists the terms and conditions of your usage of the AvaTax service. You can read the Avalara terms and conditions from the Settings > Manage My Information screen.
Set the address validation option
Control how AvaTaxfor all companies in your account by setting the address validation option. AvaTax can display validated addresses in mixed case or uppercase.
- On the Settings tab, click Address Validation Option.
- On the Address Validation Option screen, choose either:
- Mixed Case