Generate a new license key, change your password, review your terms and conditions or change your address validation options. Learn how to manage your users in the Admin Console or to enable jurisdiction overrides.
View current license key
The license key is necessary to connect your accounting system with AvaTax. Your license key is generated when you activate your Admin Console account during the Get Started process. There are three locations you can search for the current license key:
- If you're the account administrator who set up the Admin Console, search your email for an email from email@example.com with the account number and license key.
- Some accounting systems display the license key in AvaTax configuration menu.
Generate a new license key
If you haven't setup your Admin Console, follow that process to generate a license key. If you've lost the license key::
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Reset License Key.
- Account Admins can generate a new license key.
- Update the license key in every workstation's accounting system that connects to AvaTax.
View account ID
View your current account ID in the upper-righth corner of the Admin Console or on the Reset License Key screen under the Settings tab.
Change your password
You can change your password from the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Manage My Information.
- On the My Information screen, type a new password.
- There is a Password Strength Indicator under the New Password. Choose a strong password that is not commonly used and is unique to you. The password strength is Very Strong if you satisfy the following criteria:
Password must be at least 8 characters and include 3 of the following:
an uppercase letter
a lowercase letter
- Type the new password again in Confirm New Password.
- Click Save.
Avalara terms and conditions
The Avalara terms and conditions lists the terms and conditions of your usage of the AvaTax service. You can read the Avalara terms and conditions from the Settings > Manage My Information screen.
Set the address validation option
Control how AvaTaxfor all companies in your account by setting the address validation option. AvaTax can display validated addresses in mixed case or uppercase.
- On the Settings tab, click Address Validation Option.
- On the Address Validation Option screen, choose either:
- Mixed Case